Birthing kits provide the essential items to promote a safe, clean delivery and to encourage good aftercare.
Place these items inside a sealed one-gallon plastic bag.
- 1 pair of clean latex gloves
- 1 hotel-size bar of soap (1 oz. and up)
- 1 square yard of clear 4 mil plastic sheeting
- 3 pieces of clean string, each 12” long
- 1 clean single use razor blade (wrapped in paper or plastic to protect it and keep it from causing injury)
- 2 flannelette receiving blankets, each 1 square yard
- All items must be NEW.
- All emergency kits are carefully planned to make them usable in the greatest number of situations. Since strict rules often govern entry into international countries, it is important that kits contain only the requested items--nothing more.
- Do NOT include any personal notes, money or additional materials in the kits. These things will be painstakingly removed and will delay the shipment.
Processing & Shipping Costs: Please enclose an envelope containing at least $1 for each kit you send. This donation enables UMCOR to send the kits immediately to areas in need.
You may prefer to send $12 to UMCOR, 475 Riverside Drive, #1520, New York, NY 10115. Include an extra dollar for shipping.... Or you may contribute on-line at umcor.org.